Bretonnière Muscadet Wine of the Week 1/28
This Week’s Wine of the Week, is the Domaine de la Bretonnière, Muscadet Sever & Maine, 2018. I am super excited to share the Bretonnière Muscadet as the wine of the week with you. Yes, of course this wine is delicious, but I wanted to focus on some information on the label before we go into what’s this week’s wine of the week’s bottle. Link to the video below.
- Producer: Domaine de la Bretonnière
- Muscadet: is an appellation (not the grape) in the Loire Valley in the Center of France. The Muscadet appellation is coastal and is along the Atlantic coast; so, the climate is cool and maritime.
- Grape: Melon de Bourgogne
- Sevre & Maine– is a confluence of two rivers. It is also a sub appellation of Muscadet. This is where some of the most serious and respected white wines from this area are produced.
- “Sur Lie” – means the wine has had extended lees contact which gives a round texture and complimenting the acidity.
- Taste: The wine is very high in acidity making it a perfect food wine; particularly with shellfish (raw bar) which is the quintessential pairing for the wine. Yummy with brussels sprouts. On the palate I got unripe, tart apple, lemon curd, lots of minerality.